Donate clothes - Carers UK
Believe it or not, every 15 seconds someone in the UK becomes a carer.
Every one of us will look after an elderly relative, sick partner or a disabled family member. Caring is part of life but without the right support the personal costs of caring can be high.
There are 6 million carers in the UK, one in seven people combine work and caring. The care that they provide saves the nation £119 billion every year.
When caring affects you and your family, Carers UK is here to provide the support and advice you need.
We help carers:
- Get the best for the person they care for
- Make the most of their income and stay in paid work
- Juggle their busy lives and keep healthy
- Provide a listening ear
- Campaign for a better life for carers
By making a donation to Carers UK you can help us support even more carers in need:
- £5 could change a life, by letting us answer an email from someone finding it difficult to pick up the telephone.
- £7.50 could help us to identify new carers and direct them to sources of support early in their caring journey.
- £10 could answer a call from a carer in desperate need of financial advice. On average, each phone call saves a carer £48.52 a week.
Registered charity number 246329 (England & Wales) and SC039307 (Scotland).
Select 'Donate to Carers UK' when ordering your collection bag to make a contribution.
If you are a carer and would like further information, please look on Carers UK's website: www.carersuk.org